(Note): Do not omit either step 5 or 9 at any time - always backup the template, before and after doing this. Template backups are exceedingly small. If your disk space is so tight that you can't store half a dozen duplicate copies of your template, it's best that you not use Cumulus Linklists. Better safe than sorry.
- Sign on as an adminstrator, to your blog.
- Select "Customize".
- You can have multiple LinkList page elements, and hide whichever ones you wish. Go to Page Elements. For each linklist that you wish to hide, edit its page element, and give it a distinctive title. This will let you easily identify its template HTML entry.
- From Template, select "Edit HTML".
- Backup your template, before proceeding.
- Edit the template. Do not select "Expand Widget Templates". Find each record
<b:widget ... title='?????' type='LinkList' />where "?????" = the titles given in the above step. See Customising Multiple LinkLists, extract the correct HiddenLinkList text file, and replace each widget record, carefully, one at a time, with the extracted code.
- Save Template, then View Blog.
- Test the new linklist.
- When you are satisfied, Backup your template, again, preferably to a new file (save the previous backup too).
- Note: Cumulus LinkList code is data sensitive. If you setup the code and carefully check the element numbers (for uniqueness and for consistency), and with links defined in the list, you hit the List Open button and nothing happens, examine each link in the linklist, using the Page Elements link widget. Very long link labels and / or link labels with special characters may make the code inoperable.
Post a Comment